|Type of course:
|Language of instruction:
|Erasmus Language of instruction:
|Name of lecturer:
|Form of education
|Form of instruction:
|Number of teaching hours per semester:
|Number of teaching hours per week:
|Form of receiving a credit for a course:
|Number of ECTS credits allocated
to define and understand the elements of musical language-melody, rhythm, harmony, polyphony, dynamics, agogic, timbre
to use correctly the specialized terms: historical epoch, epoch style, composer style;
knowledge and practical skills in research in the field of religious and historical sciences;
Course Entry Requirements:
1. Periodization of music history; Musical culture in antiquity
2. Music in the Middle Ages. Byzantine song; The Gregorian chant
3. Medieval secular music; The emergence and development of polyphony. Ars Antiqua.
4.Ars Nova .; Franco-Flemish school.
5. The rebirth in the 16th century. Generalities; Vocal forms and genres.
6. Instrumental forms and genres
7.Barocul-J.S.Bach, G.F Handel, Antonio Vivaldi
8. Birth and development of vocal-instrumental genres. Opera, Oratorio, Cantata in Italy, England, France and Germany.
9. Development of instrumental forms and genres.
10. Musical classicism J. Haydn, W.A. Mozart, Lw. Beethoven. Aesthetics, genres, forms, musical style.
11. The beginnings of singing in Romanian. Popular and court music in Romanian; Relations with oriental and European music. Dimitri Cantemir, I Caianu.
12. Excerpts from sonatas, suites and parts by J.S. Bach. Oratorio Messias by G.F. Handel.
14.J.Haydn-Fragments from sonatas, quartets, symphonies.
Schumann, Fr. Chopin.
Lecture, debate, Auditions and analysis
we intend to go through the vocal and instrumental musical genres of Classicism; representative personalities from those periods; musical auditions and analyzes.
We also study the period of early Romanticism: composers, their works, currents and musical genres.
Learning outcomes verification and assessment criteria:
Written exam 50% and implication in course debates 50%
Cui i-e frică de Istoria Muzicii, Vol. I,II, III, Editura Artes
O istorie a Muzicii Universale, vol.I,II, III, IV, Editura Grafoart