|Type of course:
|Language of instruction:
|Erasmus Language of instruction:
|Name of lecturer:
||Adina Ana Muresan
||Adina Ana Muresan
|Form of education
|Form of instruction:
|Number of teaching hours per semester:
|Number of teaching hours per week:
|Form of receiving a credit for a course:
|Number of ECTS credits allocated
The development of skills required to design reinforced concrete structures.
The development of skills required to comply with the safety requirements of reinforced concrete structures.
The development of skills required to comply with the durability requirements of reinforced concrete structures.
Course Entry Requirements:
Mechanics, Building Materials, Strength of Materials I, Strength of Materials II, Statics and Buildings Stability
1. Introduction. Basic elements regarding sustainable building design.
2. Types of reinforced concrete structures. Dual systems. Mixed systems. Frames.
3. Reinforced concrete slabs. Types of slabs. Punching shear.
4. Reinforced concrete beams. Types of reinforced concrete beams.
5. Reinforced concrete walls.
6. Reinforced concrete columns.
7. Pre-stressed concrete beams.
8. The plastic design of reinforced concrete structures.
9. The durability of reinforced concrete structures.
10. Contraction and creep. The deformations of concrete.
11. Cracking of concrete.
12. Lateral displacements of levels.
13. The protection of reinforced concrete buildings against fire hazards.
Presentation, discussions, case studies
The specific competences acquired by the students after passing the subject:
- Knowledge of the physical and mechanical properties of reinforced concrete.
- Acknowledging different types of structural elements belonging to reinforced concrete constructions.
- Knowledge of the ultimate states of steel structures.
- Knowledge of the design rules of Eurocode 2.
- Design of reinforced concrete structural elements under different loads.
- Knowledge of design methods of reinforced concrete elements.
- Knowledge of constructive rules for reinforced concrete structural elements.
Learning outcomes verification and assessment criteria:
Theoretical exam (100% full grade): Oral examination.
Eurocode 2: „Design of concrete structures”. Part1-1: „General rules and rules for buildings”.
Eurocode 8: „Design of structures for earthquake resistance”. Part 1: „General rules, seismic actions and rules for buildings”
Eurocode 2: „Design of concrete structures”. Part 1-2: „Structural fire design”.