|Type of course:
|Language of instruction:
|Erasmus Language of instruction:
|Name of lecturer:
||Adina Ana Muresan
||Adina Ana Muresan
|Form of education
|Form of instruction:
|Number of teaching hours per semester:
|Number of teaching hours per week:
|Form of receiving a credit for a course:
|Number of ECTS credits allocated
To know the behaviour and the analysis of structural elements under compound action.
To know the energetic theories and how to use them to determine general displacements.
The analysis of structural elements in post-elastic domain.
The analysis of the buckling of bars.
The analysis of the behaviour of structures under shock actions.
Course Entry Requirements:
Advanced Mathematics, Mechanics, Strenght of Materials 1
1. Compund actions: the compund bending.
2. Compund actions: bending combined with axial force, cross sections which do not transmit tension.
3. Energetical measures used in the study of deformable body.
4. Energetical theories and principles.
5. Strenght theories.
6. Post-elastic actions: the properties of materials, the analysis of cross section in the post-elastic domain.
7. Post-elastic actions: the analysis of structures.
8. The buckling of bars under centric compression: types of equilibrium, Euler's formula.
9. Practical application of bars under centric compression. The influence of the shear force on the critical stress.
10. The buckling of bars with compound cross sections.
11. The lateral buckling of slender beams. Superior order theories. The second order analysis of beams under bending and centric compression.
12. Shock actions.
13. Variable actions and fatigue analysis.
14. Beams on elastic environment.
Lecture, discussions, case studies, practical applications.
To establish the variation of stresses along the cross section for compound actions.
To apply the energetical theorems and principles.
To analyze structures in the post-elastic domain.
To analyze the buckling behaviour of bars under centric compression.
To analyze the behaviour of structural elements under shock and fatigue.
Learning outcomes verification and assessment criteria:
Final examination: 3 theoretical subject. 50% of the final grade.
Final examination: 1 practical application. 30% of the final grade.
Examination during semester: submission of homework. 20% of the final grade.
Rezistența Materialelor II, Editura Printech
Mechanics of Materials, Fifth edition, Brooks/Cole
, Pacific Grove
Rezistența Materialelor, Seria Didactica
, Alba Iulia