|Type of course:
|Language of instruction:
|Erasmus Language of instruction:
|Name of lecturer:
|Form of education
|Form of instruction:
|Number of teaching hours per semester:
|Number of teaching hours per week:
|Form of receiving a credit for a course:
|Number of ECTS credits allocated
To become familiar with the content of social work at group level.
To learn the basic principles in social work at group level
Demonstrate communication and relationship skills in practical work with groups
To acquire practical skills to use specific social assistance methods and techniques for group and team work.
Learn group work skills
Course Entry Requirements:
1. General aspects regarding group methods in social assistance
2. The evolution of the preoccupations regarding the activity of the groups
3. Relationships, structures and group psychology
4. The characteristics of the main types of groups
5. Knowledge and activation of social groups
6. Intervention and change in social groups
7. Group social assistance. Planning, organization and implementation
8. Groups in particular situations
10. Problem solving in groups
Lecture, conversation, exemplification.
Acquisition by students of skills for working with groups, the roles of the social worker within the group and intervention methods specific to groups with social problems needed in most Social Assistance institutions.
Learning outcomes verification and assessment criteria:
Written paper –– 60%; project assessment – 40%.
Buzducea , Doru,
Asistenta sociala a grupurilor de risc, Ed. Polirom
Krueger Richard A.,
Metoda Focus grup, Ed. Polirom
Evaluarea Programelor de Asistență Socială, Ed. Polirom