|Type of course:||Compulsory|
|Language of instruction:||English|
|Erasmus Language of instruction:||English|
|Name of lecturer:||Simona Camelia Varvara|
|Seminar tutor:||Roxana Nadina Bostan|
|Form of education||Full-time|
|Form of instruction:||Class|
|Number of teaching hours per semester:||56|
|Number of teaching hours per week:||4|
|Form of receiving a credit for a course:||Grade|
|Number of ECTS credits allocated||4|
1. Introduction to chemistry. Fundamentals of chemistry.
2. Atomic models. Atomic structure.
3. Relations between the atomic structure and periodic table of elements. Periodicity law
4. Ionic bonds.
5.Covalent bonds. Coordinative bonds.
6. Metallic bonds.
7. Solutions. Solution’s concentrations (percentage, molar, normal etc.). Applications
8. Arrhenius law. Acids. Bases.
9. Protolytic equilibrium of water. pH and pOH
10. Salts hydrolysis. Aplications
11. Basics of precipitation and complex formation reactions.
13. Redox reactions. Electrode Potential. Nernst equation. Types of electrodes. Applications
14. Electrochemical energy conversion. Primary and secondary batteries. Fuel Cells
1. Laboratory safety rules. Operations, apparatus and utensils used in the chemistry laboratory
2. Solutions. Expressing the concentration of solutions. Methods of preparation of solutions
3. References electrodes. Applications
4. Daniell cell. Electromotive force measurements. Applications
5. Glass electrode. pH measurements. Applications
6. Experimental measurements of the steel and copper corrosion potential and corrosion rates
7. Reports presentation. Assessment of the laboratory knowledges
C6. Solving technological problems in the fields of applied electronics