|Type of course:
|Language of instruction:
|Erasmus Language of instruction:
|Name of lecturer:
||Marius - Liviu Telea
||Marius - Liviu Telea
|Form of education
|Form of instruction:
|Number of teaching hours per semester:
|Number of teaching hours per week:
|Form of receiving a credit for a course:
|Number of ECTS credits allocated
acquiring the spiritual-religious values of the Byzantine culture and civilization
highlighting the Byzantine heritage in the Romanian space
Course Entry Requirements:
The History of Byzantium
- Byzantine synthesis (sec. IV-VI).
- The Institutions of the Byzantine Empire (Imperial Court, central administration, army).
- The Institutions of the Byzantine Empire (Patriarchy, monasticism)
- The Institutions of the Byzantine Empire (Law, Justice, Diplomacy).
- The Social and Economic Life (Constantinople – the capital of the Empire, the Byzantine society, the division of social classes and the relationships between them).
- The Social and Economic Life (Crafts and trade, the Byzantine economy).
- The Religious Life (the Byzantine Church, liturgical objects).
- The Religious Life (the vestments and liturgical ornaments, the liturgies and the worship service).
- The Religious Life (the liturgical languages and the religious books, the believers).
- The Religious Life (the liturgical calendar, the feasts from the Byzantine calendar).
- The Religious Life (the cult of saints and holy relics, the cult of holy icons).
- The Religious Life (the pilgrimages).
- The Religious Life (the missions of Christianization).
- Discussions, course evaluation.
lecture, conversation, exemplification.
- identifying the relation of the Byzantine civilisation and spirituality with the other theological disciplines and its complemetarity with the other disciplinescu of historical theology;
- the general study of the main landmarks of the Byzantine civilisation and spirituality;
- analyzing the principles and methods of the discipline.
Learning outcomes verification and assessment criteria:
Written paper – 70%; continuous assessment – 30%.
BRĂTIANU, Gheorghe I.,
Studii bizantine de istorie socială şi economică, Editura Polirom
Civilizaţia bizantină- traducere, Editura Ştiinţifică
Omul bizantin, Editura Polirom