|Type of course:
||Elective (1 of 2)
|Language of instruction:
|Erasmus Language of instruction:
|Name of lecturer:
|Form of education
|Form of instruction:
|Number of teaching hours per semester:
|Number of teaching hours per week:
|Form of receiving a credit for a course:
|Number of ECTS credits allocated
Understanding fundamental ideas concerning concepts specific to the Romanian foreign policy in inter-war period.
Knowing and a correct using of fundamental ideas concerning concepts specific to the Romanian foreign policy in inter-war period.
Course Entry Requirements:
History of Romania during the Twentieth Century
1. Paris Peace Conference (1919-1920).
2. Romania and Yugoslavia.
3. Romania and Czechoslovakia.
4. The Little Entente.
5. The Balkan Pact.
6. The French foreign policy towards Romania.
7. The British foreign policy towards Romania.
8. The Romanian-Polish relations.
9. Nicolae Titulescu’s foreign policy.
10. The Soviet-Czekoslovakian Pact (1935).
11. League of Nations.
12. The Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact.
13. The Czechoslovakian Crisis.
14. Romania territorial losses.
Retrieval of written sources on the historical past;
Establishing historical facts on the basis of historical sources and outside of these;
Learning outcomes verification and assessment criteria:
Written paper – interpretative essay – 60%; continuous assessment – 40%.
Romanian Policy towards Germany, 1936-1940, --
Diplomacy, Simon & Schuster
, New York