|Type of course:
|Language of instruction:
|Erasmus Language of instruction:
|Name of lecturer:
|Form of education
|Form of instruction:
||Class / Seminary
|Number of teaching hours per semester:
|Number of teaching hours per week:
|Form of receiving a credit for a course:
|Number of ECTS credits allocated
- The main areas and the fundamental directions of applicability of the electromagnetic fields in the microwave field are highlighted.
- Students will become familiar with the main approaches (symbolic and schematic) as well as with a series of applications of measurement installations in telecommunications using microwave frequencies.
- Use of the fundamental elements related to the devices, circuits, systems, instrumentation and electronic technology.
Course Entry Requirements:
E1101 - Mathematical analysis, E1202 - Special mathematics, E1205 - Passive electronic components and circuits, E2106 - Electronic measuring instrumentation
1. Propagation on lines with and without losses
1.1. Particular cases of long lines.
2. Where in the lines and guides
2.1. General solutions for TEM, TE, TM modes
2.2. Losses in dielectric.
3. Transmission lines
3.1. The rectangular waveguide.
4. TE and TM modes
5. The coaxial line
5.1. TEM mode and higher modes.
6. The circular guide.
6.1. TE and TM modes.
7. Stripline and microstrip lines
7.1. Effective dielectric constant.
8. Impedance adjustment and tuning
8.1. Using the Smith chart.
9. Modes of adaptation
9.1. Adaptation with circuits in L.
9.2. Quarterly impedance transformer.
10. Resonant circuits series and parallel
10.1. Resonators from transmission lines.
10.2. Resonant cavities.
11.1. Couplings made of waveguide.
11.2. Couplings obtained from transmission lines.
12. Ferromagnetic components for microwaves
12.2. Phase shifter.
13. Noise in microwave circuits
13.1. Microwave diodes.
13.2. Microwave transistors.
13.3. Microwave integrated circuits.
14. Specialized microwave devices
14.3. Mixers for microwaves
Presentation, debate, lecture
Use of the fundamental elements related to the devices, circuits, systems, instrumentation and electronic technology
Use of electronic tools and specific methods to characterize and evaluate the performance of electronic circuits and systems
Learning outcomes verification and assessment criteria:
Written evaluation 50%, Performing laboratory work 50%
Elif Aydin, Nergiz Cagiltay,
A new RF and Microwave Engineering course enriched with advanced technologies, Wiley Periodicals
, New York
N. Ercil Cagiltay, A,
New RF and Microwave Engineering Course Enriched With Advanced Technologies, Cambridge University Press
, All pages
Dispozitive si circuite de microunde, Editura Tehnică
, All pages