|Type of course:
|Language of instruction:
|Erasmus Language of instruction:
|Name of lecturer:
||Marius - Liviu Telea
||Marius - Liviu Telea
|Form of education
|Form of instruction:
|Number of teaching hours per semester:
|Number of teaching hours per week:
|Form of receiving a credit for a course:
|Number of ECTS credits allocated
- identifying the relation of the History of Byzantium with other theological disciplines and its complementarity with the other disciplines of the historical Theology;
- general study of the major milestones in the History of Byzantium;
- analyzing the principles and methods of the discipline.
Course Entry Requirements:
The Medieval History of the World.
- The Isaurian Emperors and the iconoclastic crisis. The first phase of iconoclasm.
- The Isaurian Emperors and the iconoclastic crisis. The second phase of iconoclasm.
- The Macedonian Dynasty - a new period of progress in the history of Byzantium.
- The decline of the XI-th century. The Great Schism (1054).
- The Byzantine Empire during the Comnenes (1081-1204).
- Byzantium and the first Crusades.
- Byzantium at the end of the XII-th century and the beginning of the XIII-th century.
- The Latin Empire from Constantinople and the Greek states successors of the Byzantine Empire.
- Byzantium in the second half of the XIII-th century and the first half of the XIV-th century.
- The appearance of the Ottoman Turks. The Byzantine civil wars.
- Byzantium and the Balkan states confronted with the Ottoman offensive.
- The anti-Ottoman crusades and their failure. Attempts to religious union with Rome.
- The fall of Constantinopleand its consequences.
- Final discussions. Course evaluation.
lecture, conversation, exemplification.
- knowledge and appropriate use of specific notions Byzantine history;
- understanding and interpretation of the essential phenomena that customizes the Byzantine Empire among his contemporary political creations;
- the interpretation of the Byzantium phenomenon as a source of understanding of our national history.
Learning outcomes verification and assessment criteria:
Written paper – 70%; continuous assessment – 30%.
Histoire de l’Etat Byzantin, -
Căderea Constantinopolului, -
Istoria Imperiului Bizantin, -