|Type of course:
|Language of instruction:
|Erasmus Language of instruction:
|Name of lecturer:
|Form of education
|Form of instruction:
||Class / Seminary
|Number of teaching hours per semester:
|Number of teaching hours per week:
|Form of receiving a credit for a course:
|Number of ECTS credits allocated
- knowledge of the basic, structural elements that stand at the foundation of understanding and assuming the artistic, iconographic act;
-identifying some personalities and historical moments that serve as models in training generations of students;
Course Entry Requirements:
1. Introduction in the study of iconic art: object, definition, name, purpose, importance.
2. Introduction in the study of iconic art: the sources of the iconography of Byzantine tradition3. Problems of introduction to the study of iconic art.
4. Interdisciplinarity in the art of Byzantine tradition , painting, music, architecture, auxiliary sciences and general bibliography of icon art.
7.Interdisciplinarity in the art of Byzantine tradition, painting, music, architecture.
10. Concepts in the art of Byzantine tradition
Lecture, debate, presentation.
At the end of the course students will be able to make orthodox icons of Byzantine tradition of different complexities.
Learning outcomes verification and assessment criteria:
Oral exam 50%, implication in course debates 10%, practical activities 40%.
Grigorie Krug, Monahul,
Cugetările unui iconograf despre sensul şi menirea icoanelor, editura Sofia
Iconostasul, editura Anastasia
Icoanele şi semnificaţia lor duhovnicească. Porţi spre veşnicie, editura Sofia