|Type of course:
|Language of instruction:
|Erasmus Language of instruction:
|Name of lecturer:
||Elisabeta Mihaela Ciortea
||Elisabeta Mihaela Ciortea
|Form of education
|Form of instruction:
|Number of teaching hours per semester:
|Number of teaching hours per week:
|Form of receiving a credit for a course:
|Number of ECTS credits allocated
To know the force systems, the operations with these systems and the equilibrium conditions of the material systems under the action of the force systems.
Accumulation of knowledge from Mechanics (Statics) regarding vector and scalar operations with force systems that model the loads that act on the structures of constructions.
Knowledge of the mass centers of material systems generally modeled as material point systems or material continuum: composite sections, volumes, bodies.
To have knowledge regarding the balance of free and subject material systems.
Types of connections.
- To know how to operate with force
- It is known to determine the reduction torque of a system of forces at some point and the minimum torque.
-To know how to determine the torsion of reduction of a system of particular forces: concurrent, coplanar, parallel, distributed parallel, at one point
To know the operations of reducing force systems. Determine the center of gravity for a flat surface. Determine the equilibrium equations for bodies and systems of bodies.
Course Entry Requirements:
Basic knowledge of Mathematics, Physics
1.Introduction in Mechanics. Principles, axioms.
2.Power systems Reduction of force systems. The moment of a force in relation to a point.
3. Reduction of force systems The moment of a force in relation to an axis. Strong couple
4. Reduction of force systems Reduction of a force system at one point. Reduction torque
5. Reduction of force systems Canonical reduction of a force system. Central axis
6. Reduction of the systems of forces Reduction of the systems of particular forces: competing, coplanar, parallel, Varignon's theorem.
7. Reduction of the systems of forces Distributed forces systems.
8. Center of mass, Center of mass of a system of material points Static moments Theorem of static moments
9. Center of mass, Method of equivalent points Composite sections Center of mass of continuous material.
10. Balance of material systems. Free materials systems. Material point. Free rigid rigid body.
11. Balance of the material systems subject to connections. . Rigid solid body linked to the description of connections, equilibrium equations.
12. Balance of material systems Balance of body systems. Methods of solving.
13. Balance of material systems Beams with beams.
14. Balance of material systems Balance with friction.
Lecture, discussions, examples.
Mechanics being a fundamental discipline, the content of the discipline is necessary for the study of other disciplines such as the resistance of materials, the static of the constructions, disciplines that form the basis of the specialized disciplines necessary for the graduates in the field of design and execution.
Learning outcomes verification and assessment criteria:
Solving two theory topics
Solving 2 applications
Engineering Mechanics: Statics., McGraw-Hill Education - Europe
Poli C. Boothroyd G. (Author),
Applied Engineering Mechanics: Statics And Dynamics, T&F/Crc Press
Ferdinand P. Beer, E., David F. Mazurek Russell Johnston, Jr.,,
Vector Mechanics For Engineers, McGraw-Hill Education
, New York
Geoffrey Boothroyd, Corrado Poli,
Applied Engineering Mechanics: Statics and Dynamics, CRC Press