|Type of course:||Compulsory|
|Language of instruction:||English|
|Erasmus Language of instruction:||English|
|Name of lecturer:||Simona Camelia Varvara|
|Seminar tutor:||Roxana Nadina Bostan|
|Form of education||Full-time|
|Form of instruction:||Class|
|Number of teaching hours per semester:||56|
|Number of teaching hours per week:||4|
|Form of receiving a credit for a course:||Grade|
|Number of ECTS credits allocated||5|
1. Introduction to chemistry. Fundamentals of chemistry. 2-3. Atomic models. Atomic structure. Relations between the atomic structure and periodic table of elements. Periodicity law 4-6. Chemical bonds: Ionic bonds. Covalent bonds. Coordinative bonds. Metallic bonds. 7. Solutions. Solution’s concentrations (percentage, molar, normal etc.). Applications 8-9. Arrhenius law. Acids. Bases. Protolytic equilibrium of water. pH and pOH 10. Salts hydrolysis. 11-12. Basics of precipitation and complex formation reactions. 13-14. Electrochemistry. Electrodes and primary cells: Electrode Potential. Nernst equation. Types of electrodes. Primary cells. Applications of EMF measurements.
LAB WORKS AND SEMINARS: 1. Safety rules in the chemistry lab. Regulation in the chemistry laboratory. Operations, equipment and utensils used in the chemistry lab
2. Solutions. Solution concentrations. Solutions preparation practical work.
3. pH indicators. Identification of concrete carbonation using a pH indicator. Glass electrode for solutions' pH determination
4. Assessesment of the moisture content of building materials
5. Assessesment of the corrosion rate of materials
6. Qualitative chemical analysis. Cation identifications
7. Project presentations. Assessment of the laboratory knowledges
Design, implementation and management of the environmental protection systems and quality control.