|Type of course:
||Elective (1 of 2)
|Language of instruction:
|Erasmus Language of instruction:
|Name of lecturer:
||Petronela Maria Talpaș
||Petronela Maria Talpaș
|Form of education
|Form of instruction:
|Number of teaching hours per semester:
|Number of teaching hours per week:
|Form of receiving a credit for a course:
|Number of ECTS credits allocated
Design and planning of the occupational therapy intervention program that involves a holistic approach to the individual, taking into account his mental, physical and spiritual needs and abilities, in relation to his occupations and his living environment (physical / family / social / professional)
To have knowledge regarding the monitoring and evaluation of the intervention process at individual or family level
To analyze significant data for the characterization of the social problems faced by people with disabilities
Course Entry Requirements:
Fundamental notions of occupational therapy
1. The origin and evolution of the notion of disability. Determining the states of disability
2. Difficulties in establishing prevalences. Illness and deficiency. Disability and disabilities.
3. The National Strategy on equal opportunities between people with disabilities in Romania. Principles. Purpose. Objectives.
4 Legislative reform of accessibility for people with disabilities according to Law 19/2002
5. Education of people with disabilities. Guidance, training, employment and health care for people with disabilities
6. Institutional reform of people with disabilities.
7. Information and raising awareness of people with disabilities.
8. The rights and obligations of persons with disabilities in accordance with Law 519/2002.
9. Stages in organizing the information, education and communication campaign regarding people with disabilities, at the level of the community in which they live.
10. Practical ways of integration and reintegration of people with disabilities.
11. The role of the occupational therapist in the recovery and integration of people with disabilities.
12. Classification of disabilities.
13. The child with disabilities and the ways of counseling his family.
14. Legislative reform on social assistance for people with disabilities.
Lecture, Illustrations Conversation
Ability to explain the results of an evaluation from the perspective of determining, prioritizing and organizing the therapeutic intervention related to the occupational needs of the person with disabilities
Learning outcomes verification and assessment criteria:
The volume and correctness of knowledge The scientific rigor of language-70% Writing a paper on a given topic Active participation in seminars-30%
Bruggen, H., Carnduff, A., Muntean, A., Raveica, G., Popa, D,
Introduction to the foundatons of occupational therapy – Course for OT students, Joint Action Project, ENOTHE
Model of Human Occupation – theory and application (Ediţia 3), Lippincot Williams & Williams
Buşneag, I. C.,
Terapia ocupaţională, ediţia a II-a, revăzută şi adăugită, Editura Fundaţiei România de Mâine,