|Type of course:
|Language of instruction:
|Erasmus Language of instruction:
|Name of lecturer:
|Form of education
|Form of instruction:
|Number of teaching hours per semester:
|Number of teaching hours per week:
|Form of receiving a credit for a course:
|Number of ECTS credits allocated
• Awareness of the special status of pedagogical research - a factor of progress in education, both at the micro and at the macro-educational level
• Operationally define the concept of pedagogical research, highlighting its specificity and characteristics
• To explain the functions of pedagogical research from a theoretical and practical perspective
• To list the main ways of classifying the pedagogical research and to exemplify the different types and subtypes
• To describe the design of a pedagogical research, to explain each stage and to exemplify it
Course Entry Requirements:
1. Brief history of research in education
2. Theoretical aspects of research in education.
3. Designing research in education. The research project
4. Quantitative research methods.
5. Methods of processing and mathematical-statistical interpretation of research data.
6. Qualitative research methods.
7. Organization and analysis of qualitative data.
8. Research in multicultural education. minorities
9. Internet based research
10. Research in schools and universities
11. Research of educational and social policies
12. Research evaluation criteria
13. Capitalizing / applying and publishing the results
14. Research ethics
Lecture, Debate, Problematization, Examples and case studies, Learning by discovery
Learning outcomes verification and assessment criteria:
Seminar evaluation sheet
NEUMAN, Lawrence W,
SOCIAL RESEARCH METHODS. QUALITATIVE AND QUANTITATIVE APPROACHES, ALLYN AND BACON
RESEARCH METHODS IN HUMANITIES AND EDUCATION: Qualitative and Quantitative Research Made Simple, LAP LAMBERT ACADEMIC PUBLISHING
THOMAS, Murray R.,
BLENDING QUALITATIVE & QUANTITATIVE RESEARCH METHODS IN THESES AND DISSERTATION, Corwin Press