|Type of course:
|Language of instruction:
|Erasmus Language of instruction:
|Name of lecturer:
||Adina Ana Muresan
||Adina Ana Muresan
|Form of education
|Form of instruction:
||Class / Seminary
|Number of teaching hours per semester:
|Number of teaching hours per week:
|Form of receiving a credit for a course:
|Number of ECTS credits allocated
Knowledge of the limit state design for reinforced concrete buildings.
Knowledge of the rules of design according to Eurocode 2.
Knowledge of the design methods and of the construction rules for reinforced concrete buildings.
Course Entry Requirements:
Special Mathematics, Mechanics, Strenght of Materials 1, Strength of Materials 2, Reinforced and Pre-Stressed Concrete
The following course consists in preparing a project in which the students will design a multistory reinforced concrete frame structure. The project involves the following steps:
1. Predesign of the structural elements: slab, secondary beams, girders, columns.
2. Establish the possible loads and the load combinations according to Eurocode 0.
3. Modeling the structure and its static analysis using a CAD software such as Autodesk Robot Structural Analysis or SAP.
4. The design of the intermediate slab, of the secondary beam, of the girder and of the intermediary column.
5. Drawing the reinforcement plans for the designed reinforced concrete structural elements.
Practical applications, discussions.
The complete design of a reinforced concrete frame structure including the structure modeling in a CAD software, hand calculations, drawings, technical reports and estimates.
Learning outcomes verification and assessment criteria:
Final examination: submission of the project in the last week of the semester.To pass: at least 5/10 is required.
Eurocode 2: „Design of concrete structures”. Part1-1: „General rules and rules for buildings”.
Eurocode 8: „Design of structures for earthquake resistance”. Part 1: „General rules, seismic actions and rules for buildings”
Materiale de construcții, Seria Didactica