Course Code: CIG 124 • Study year: I • Academic Year: 2022-2023
Domain: Accounting • Field of study: Accounting and Management Information Systems
Type of course:
Language of instruction:
Erasmus Language of instruction:
Name of lecturer:
Iulia Cristina Iuga
Iulia Cristina Iuga
Form of education
Form of instruction:
Number of teaching hours per semester:
Number of teaching hours per week:
Form of receiving a credit for a course:
Number of ECTS credits allocated
This course presents operating methods specific economic environment and banking.
The course aims provide the students background knowledge to create ability to use language and tools specific to the main organizational structures and banking operations at the macroeconomic level - a process involving money, currency, organizing monetary money supply and monetary policy .
Course Entry Requirements:
1. MONEY AND CURRENCY
2. INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FINANCIAL ACTIVITY
3. NATIONAL MONETARY SYSTEMS
4. INTERNATIONAL MONETARY SYSTEM
5. EUROPEAN MONETARY SYSTEM
6. OPTIMUM CURRENCY AREA
8. MONEY MARKET. REGULATORY MONETARY EXPANSION.
9. MONETARY MASS, INDICATORS AND MONETARY AGGREGATES.
10. MONETARY POLICY, THE CORE OF POLICY MACROSTABILIZATION
11. THE STRUCTURE OF CENTRAL BANKS
12. THE ROLE OF COMMERCIAL BANKS AND CREDIT IN MONETARY POLICY IMPLEMENTATION
Lecture, conversation, exemplification.
- Ability to identify traits involving currency transactions;
- Ability to explain the mechanisms of monetary policy;
- Ability to characterize monetary systems;
- Ability to present the money market;
- Ability to present payment instruments;
- Ability to describe the particularities of the money market;
- Ability to analyze the role of Central Bank;
- Ability to present monetary policy instruments;
- Ability to present the calculation of interest;
- Ability to calculate monetary indicators.
Learning outcomes verification and assessment criteria:
Written exam – 50%; projects during semester – 50%.