|Type of course:
||Elective (1 of 2)
|Language of instruction:
|Erasmus Language of instruction:
|Name of lecturer:
||George Emanuel Voicu
||George Emanuel Voicu
|Form of education
|Form of instruction:
|Number of teaching hours per semester:
|Number of teaching hours per week:
|Form of receiving a credit for a course:
|Number of ECTS credits allocated
• Knowledge of the subject, the scientific areas related to methods and techniques, classical and modern research in archeology.
• Familiarize students with the terrain prospecting methods and techniques in archaeological sites.
- developing interest in archeology.
Course Entry Requirements:
Introduction to archaeology; Auxiliary sciences of archeology.
• Archaeological topography - interdisciplinary science.
• Highlights protohistory.
• Archaeological culture.
• Traditional research methods and techniques in archeology.
• Modern methods and techniques of dating in archeology.
• Archaeological project management. The systematic and preventive research.
• Organizing archaeological sites. Management of archaeological excavation.
• Cabinet investigations in the approaches to the archaeological objectives.
• The field investigations in the approaches to the archaeological objectives.
• Management of topographic works in a ante excavation step.
• Topographic work management during excavation and / or post excavations. Impressive archaeological data collection.
• Evidence of the archaeological data from archaeological sites. Developing plans and thematic research reports.
• Synthesis features of morphology surrounding area. Extrasitu analysis through GIS.
• Spatial distribution analysis of the elements of archaeological interest. Intrasitu analysis through GIS.
Lecture, conversation, exemplification.
• understanding the successive stages and steps taken to an archaeological site;
• familiarity with the ways of completing the documentation site
• development of interest in archaeological topography.
Learning outcomes verification and assessment criteria:
Written paper – interpretative essay – 60%; continuous assessment – 40%.
Al. Morintz, Chr. Schuster,
Aplicaţii ale topografiei şi cartografiei în cercetarea arheologică, -
Aplicaţiile calculatoarelor electronice in arheologie, Editura Ulise
T. Borşan, G.E. Voicu,
Sisteme Informaţionale Geografice – aplicaţii, Seria Didactica
, Alba Iulia
Rachel S. Opitz (Editor), David C. Cowley (Editor),
Interpreting Archaeological Topography: 3D Data, Visualisation and Observation, Oxbow Books
Journal of ancient topography. Rivista di topografia antica. Suppl. VI.Terventum. Carta archeologica della media valle del Trigno, Congedo Editore
, Galatina, Italy