|Type of course:
|Language of instruction:
|Erasmus Language of instruction:
|Name of lecturer:
||Diana Maria Duma
||Diana Maria Duma
|Form of education
|Form of instruction:
||Class / Seminary
|Number of teaching hours per semester:
|Number of teaching hours per week:
|Form of receiving a credit for a course:
|Number of ECTS credits allocated
The main aim of this course is to offer a fundamental understanding of the structural dynamics and earthquake concepts and techniques.
To teach the behavior of structures under dynamic and earthquake actions, the general knowledge required for design and analysis.
To better understand a structure through dynamic responses such as periods, modes and spectra values.
The student will have the required expertise to be able to carry out a computer-assisted dynamics analysis.
Course Entry Requirements:
Dynamics, Structural Analysis, Matematics
1. Introduction to earthquake engineering
2. Single degree of freedom (SDOF) system
3. Structural response to earthquake
4. Multi degree of freedom systems
5. Methods of analysis of structure to seismic actions: time history analysis, response spectrum analysis, equivalent static force method
6. Performance based seismic design
7. Basic principles in earthquake resistant structural design
8. Analysis of non-linear structural response
9. Concrete structures behaviour under seismic loads
10. Steel structures, masonry and timber structuress under seismic loads
11. Failure mode control and earthquake resistant structural systems
12 Earthquake prevention methods through inovative systems
13 Strengthening of structures against earthquake
14. Applications: introduction to Romanian Norm P100/2006; Applications of structural dynamics to civil engineering
Theoretical classes and Applications. A group project and/or an individual project. Computer-assisted dynamics analysis
Understanding of basic principles and importance of structural dynamics and earthquake effects on structures.
Learning and appling basic methods employed for analysis and design of structures in seismic regions.
Learning outcomes verification and assessment criteria:
Written Final Exam: 60%
Student performance during semester (comunication and involvement in laboratory activities and team projects): 40%
"Eurocod 8: Proiectarea structurilor pentru rezistenţă la cutremur. Partea 1: Reguli generale, acţiuni seismice şi reguli pentru clădiri"
P100-1/2013. "Cod de proiectare seismică - Partea I - Prevederi de proiectare pentru clădiri".
Dinamica constructiilor si ingineriei seismice, EDP