|Type of course:
|Language of instruction:
|Erasmus Language of instruction:
|Name of lecturer:
||Adina Ana Muresan
||Adina Ana Muresan
|Form of education
|Form of instruction:
|Number of teaching hours per semester:
|Number of teaching hours per week:
|Form of receiving a credit for a course:
|Number of ECTS credits allocated
Understanding the correct configuration of a structure.
Applying the equilibrium conditions for structures.
The analysis of the state of stress for statically determinate structures.
Understanding and anticipation of transmission of the exterior loads from the structure to the foundations.
Drawing the influence lines for mobile loads. Determining the maximum stresses from mobile loads. Calculation of point displacements in statically determined structures. Drawing the elastic deformed configuration of a structure.
Course Entry Requirements:
Advanced Mathematics, Mechanics, Strenght of Materials 1
1. Introduction in Statics of Buildings. Fundamental hypotheses applied in static analysis.
2. Beams and Gerber beams.
3. Frames. Diagrams on frames.
4. Frames. The symmetry of structures.
6. Trusses. Simplifying hypotheses. Methods of analysis.
7. The analysis of plane hinged structures.
8. The calculation of stresses using the Principle of Virtual Work.
9. Influence lines for Gerber beams and frames.
10. Influence lines for arches and trusses.
11. Calculation of maximum stresses from mobile loads.
12. Calculation of the maximum moment and maximum maximorum moment for the simply supported beam.
13. Elastic deformations. Calculation of point displacements for beams and frames.
14. Elastic deformations. Calculation of point displacements for arches and trusses.
Lecture, discussions, case studies, practical applications.
Drawing diagrams on beams, Gerber beams, arches and frames. Drawing influence lines on beams, Gerber beams, arches, frames and trusses. Using the Principle of Virtual Work to determine stresses. Determining point displacements for beams, frames, arches and trusses.
Learning outcomes verification and assessment criteria:
Final examination: 3 theoretical subject. 50% of the final grade.
Final examination: 1 practical application. 30% of the final grade.
Examination during the semester: submission of homework. 20% of the final grade.
Statica construcțiilor: structuri static determinate, Editura U.T. Press
Statica construcțiilor. Aplicații. Structuri static determinate, Editura Matrix Rom
Statica construcțiilor. Structuri static determinate. Îndrumător pentru lucrări, Editura U.T. Press