|Type of course:
|Language of instruction:
|Erasmus Language of instruction:
|Name of lecturer:
||Marius - Liviu Telea
||Marius - Liviu Telea
|Form of education
|Form of instruction:
|Number of teaching hours per semester:
|Number of teaching hours per week:
|Form of receiving a credit for a course:
|Number of ECTS credits allocated
acquiring the spiritual-religious values of the Byzantine culture and civilization.
highlighting the Byzantine heritage in the Romanian space.
Course Entry Requirements:
The History of Byzantium
- Customs and daily life in Byzantium (lodgings and food).
- Customs and daily life in Byzantium (textures, ivory, enamels andsemiprecious stones).
- Customs and daily life in Byzantium (precious metals, jewelry, fine pearls, precious stones, luxury glassware and stained glass).
- Customs and daily life in Byzantium (clothing, hygiene and physical appearance, sexuality, abortion).
- Customs and daily life in Byzantium (family life, adultery and divorce, cohabitation, remarriage of widowers, polygamy, rape).
- Customs and daily life in Byzantium (widowhood, funeral and cult of the dead, the situation of women in Byzantium, slavery).
- Customs and daily life in Byzantium (entertainment, superstitions and heresies, heterodox and heretics).
- The intellectual life (secular education and christian education, the byzantine Philosophy).
- The intellectual life (science and technology, the byzantine Literature).
- The intellectual life (byzantine Art).
- The intellectual life (music, theatre)
- Byzantium after Byzantium (Byzantium and the romanian Countries, Byzantium and the West).
- Byzantium after Byzantium (The Orthodox Church during Ottoman rule, Byzantine heritage and the importance of the Byzantine Empire)
- Discusions and the course evaluation.
lecture, conversation, exemplification.
- identifying the relation of the Byzantine civilisation and spirituality with the other theological disciplines and its complemetarity with the other disciplinescu of historical theology;
- the general study of the main landmarks of the Byzantine civilisation and spirituality;
- analyzing the principles and methods of the discipline
Learning outcomes verification and assessment criteria:
Written paper – 70%; continuous assessment – 30%.
Ideologia politică a Imperiului Bizantin, cu o postfaţă de: Nicolae Şerban TANAŞOCA, traducere de Cristina JINGA, Editura Corint
Sinteză de istorie bizantină, Editura Helicon
BRĂTIANU, Gheorghe I,
., Studii bizantine de istorie socială şi economică, traducere şi prefaţă de Alexandru-Florin PLATON, ediţie, note şi comentarii de Ion TODERAŞCU şi Alexandru-Florin PLATON, Editura Polirom