|Type of course:
|Language of instruction:
|Erasmus Language of instruction:
|Name of lecturer:
||Adina Ana Muresan
||Adina Ana Muresan
|Form of education
|Form of instruction:
||Class / Seminary
|Number of teaching hours per semester:
|Number of teaching hours per week:
|Form of receiving a credit for a course:
|Number of ECTS credits allocated
Skills to lead urban infrastructure projects within local and central administrations.
Skills to work in multidisciplinary teams in order to find solutions to different infrastructure problems locally, regionally and nationally.
Operating with primary traffic data to develop management plans for urban traffic.
Course Entry Requirements:
1. Introduction into urban traffic.
2. Urban traffic 1: definition, the elements of traffic, traffic signals, parking.
3. Urban traffic 2: basic elements of urban traffic. Transportation systems.
4. Urban traffic 3: classification of parking exploitation conditions in the urban environment.
5. Traffic design.
6. Cost of traffic: mobility and external costs.
7. Policy and future perspectives of urban traffic.
8. Management the of urban traffic. Objectives, methods.
9. Intelligent transportation systems (ITS).
10. Pollution of the urban areas due to high traffic.
11. Smart city: principles and case study.
12. Modelling of the urban traffic. Planning of strategies and future directions.
13. Localization of urban infrastructure.
14. Traffic safety and the sustainability of the urban environment.
Presentation, discussions, case studies, practical applications
- Basic knowledge of urban traffic design.
- Evaluation of the connections between the urban traffic and the exigent requirements of urban mobility - how to determine the transportation necessities.
- The economical, technical and financial fundamentals for the modernization of the transportation infrastructure.
- Identifying solutions to avoid traffic jams on transportation networks.
- Knowledge of traffic management.
- Knowledge of urban traffic optimization.
Learning outcomes verification and assessment criteria:
Theoretical exam (60% of the final grade): Oral examination. Examination during the semester (40% of the final grade): Assignments during the semester.
Ingineria traficului rutier, Mediamira
Iliescu M., Ciont N.,,
„Ingineria Traficului”, U.T. PRESS
Soluții pentru o mobilitate durabilă în marile aglomerari urbane, Editura: A.G.I.R